Get ready to celebrate Christmas with a heart-warming collection of kawaii classics from Japan. Hear Jingle Bells, Winter Wonderland and other well-known festive favourites like you've never heard before. Plus, a number of Japanese Christmas songs unique to the country! Such as 'Awatenbou no Santa Clause' (Hasty Santa Clause), and Japanese nursery school favourite 'Usagi Nohara no Christmas' (Christmas in the Bunny Field).
Happy Kids Xmas: Japanese Christmas Songs features 25 festive classics sprinkled with super cute Japanese flavour. It's available to download and stream from 4 November 2020 and on CD from 4 December. This makes the album a perfect present or soundtrack to the holiday period for anyone interested in Japanese language, culture or alternative Christmas songs. The physical edition includes lyrics printed in the booklet in easy to read hiragana, as well as romaji, so anyone can sing along and spread the Christmas cheer regardless of their Japanese language level.
These Japanese Christmas songs have been recorded by a number of anime voice actors, award-winning children's choirs and children's entertainers from Japan. Some of the names include, Ryoichi Fukuzawa (Winnie the Pooh, Beauty and the Beast), Noriko Namiki (Rurouni Kenshin, Hunter x Hunter), KEROPONS (over 240-million YouTube hits) and The NHK Tokyo Children's Choir. The latter played an important part in popularising children’s songs in Japan and has toured the world, winning various awards, including the BBC World Amateur Chorus Competition.
This collection of Japanese Christmas songs are guaranteed to bring festive cheer and a smile to even the biggest of Scourges.
Japanese Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
Happy Kids Xmas: Japanese Christmas Songs Tracklist:
- Kurisumasu wo Tugeru Kyoukai no Kane / The Churchbells Announcing Christmas
- Morobito Kozorite / Joy to the World – The NHK Tokyo Children's Choir
- Aka Hana no Tonakai / Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer – Ryoichi Fukuzawa, The Ebina Boys and Girls Chorus
- Jinguru Beru / Jingle Bells – Ryoichi Fukuzawa, The KOTONOMI Children's Chorus
- Santa ga Machi ni Yattekuru / Santa Claus is Comin' to Town – Ryoichi Fukuzawa, The KOTONOMI Children's Chorus
- Awatenbō no Santakurōsu / Hurry Santa Claus – WEEVA, Hatsumi Kazuho, Hideo Masuda, Smile Kids
- Kaze mo Yuki mo Tomodachi da (Yukidaruma no Furosuti) / Frosty the Snowman – Mariko "makoring" Takase, Hiroaki Takeuchi
- Wintā Wandārando / Winter Wonderland – Tampopo Children's Chorus
- Sori Suberi / Sleigh Ride – Noriko Namiki, Takuma Wada, Himawari Kids
- Omedetō Kurisumasu / We Wish You A Merry Christmas – Tampopo Children's Chorus
- Hīragi Kazarō / Deck the Hall with Boughs of Holly – Smile Kids, Kazuhiko Kondo, Mikiko Ishiuchi
- Santakurōsu ga Yattekuru / Here Comes Santa Claus – Tampopo Children's Chorus
- Usagi Nohara no Kurisumasu / Christmas in the Bunny Field – Kazune Osawa, Sugamo Children's Chorus
- Hayaku Aitai na Santa-san / I Want to Meet You Soon, Santa – Tsubasa Suzuki, Sayama Second Children's Hall Chorus, Takeshi Otomo, Masaru Sakaguchi
- Kurisumasu no Hi wa / On Christmas Day – KEROPONS
- Mama ga Santa ni Kissu Shite / I Saw Mummy Kissing Santa Claus – The Mizuumi Boys & Girls Chorus
- Shizuka na Kurisumasu / Quiet Christmas – The Ebina Boys and Girls Chorus
- Za Kurisumasu Songu / The Christmas Song – Yōko Ebara, Himawari Kids
- Kiyoshi Kono Yoru / Silent Night – Tampopo Children's Chorus
- Kami no Miko wa / O Come All Ye Faithful – The NHK Tokyo Children's Choir
- Arano no Hateni (Gurōria) / Angels from the Realms of Glory – The NHK Tokyo Children's Choir
- Hareruya Kōrasu / Hallelujah Chorus – BONI PUERI: the Czech Boys Choir, Jaroslav Tůma
- Tanoshī Sori Asobi – Ladies Orchestra Japan
- Kurisumasu Fesutibaru / Christmas Festival – Japan Philharmonic Orchestra
- Howaito Kurisumasu / White Christmas – Mutsuhiro Nishiwaki